No that isn’t Rebecca Black, sheesh. Got some great tracks for you today, and despite them being popular on Hype Machine, I actually found most of them on Soundcloud! What a great place for music. Starting off with a great track suggested from one of you guys, the Plastic Plates remix of Strange Talk Cast Away. Awesome remix, thanks for forwarding it to me, more of this! Second is the RAC remix of Chromeo Bonafied’ Lovin which I though I had heard enough of, but apparently not. Great rendition of the track, I can always trust RAC to properly revamp something. One minute in, such a great sound. Thirdly is the Jay Lamar and Jesse Oliver remix of Viceroy Chase Us Around. Always loved Viceroy, this remix is pretty pleasant, we need to move away from the upbeat sometimes. Leaving off with the Oliver remix of Aeroplane‘s We Can’t Fly… oh so retro electro or funktronica? These guys are great. If you’re looking for the Zimmer mix because you got linked here, it’s on this post.
Pretty exciting start to the year, got a couple possible submitted mixtapes and great tracks keep getting released. Getting back into things, a quick search got me onto these three tracks. First is the A-Trak remix of Robyn Indestructible from her most recent album Body Talk. Both the remix and the original are pure gold. The thing I actually love the most in the remix, among many other things, is after the intro once the beats start coming in, that transition sound which you hear more of during the electro solo at 2:20 which isn’t actually from the original I don’t think. Damn, call me weird, but I could listen to that all day. Make sure you check out the original by Robyn in this racy video. From the same circle, the Duck Sauce remix of Chromeo Hot Mess featuring La Roux from their most recent album Business Casual. Armand Van Helden and A-Trak are a great match, loving this remix. And lastly, drums drums drums Clockwork remix of Dem Slackers Swagger. Now that’s raw.
A mid-week update for you, unfortunately some of the tracks are a couple days older than I’d like them to be. Falling a couple days behind is like blog death, I should really stop traveling. Maybe if people stopped emailing me spam and emailed me just good stuff, in a perfect world. First off, I couldn’t stop listening to this track, the Siriusmo remix of Chromeo. I’d like to hear them turn this into their own standalone track somehow, although I do love you so Chromeo. Surprisingly clean for a remix. Second is the Knocks remix of Ellie Goulding who seemed to make a big bang last week on Hype. She was one of the most searched, I was afraid to look at why. Seems there was a remix madness for her new track Under The Sheets, probably for the single? Loads of great remixes, I’ll see if I can pull off posting another one, and yes I’m completely in a pop mood at the moment. I love you Ellie! And lastly, the Def Starr remix of Phoenix‘s Fences. Really liked the ambiance *thick pompous British accent* that went with the track. No but seriously, can’t get enough of it, just put the intro on repeat.
I haven’t posted about Immuzikation in a long time, it actually makes me sad that I haven’t. But alas, a mix from Alfredo with 39 tracks in 15 minutes. When I saw that, my initial reaction was “this is going to be way too busy”, I’m not always a big fan of mashup mixes, but it actually worked out amazingly. He was nice enough to include a very comprehensive tracklist which will come in handy cause these tracks are great. Basically everything I want to hear in a night in 15 minutes. Included three tracks, back in player form, his own remix of Metric‘s Help, I’m Alive. I absolutely love the mashup between Treasure Fingers and Santigold which leads into the synth he uses a couple times in the mix. Also included DJ Mehdi‘s Tunisia Bambaata and the Chromeo remix of Treasure Fingers. Also love the transition from K.I.M.’s Party Machini into MSTRKRFT, listened to that one a couple times.
1. 00:06 Metric – Help, I’m Alive (Immuzikation B-ting Like a Hammer Remix)
2. 00:09 Treasure Fingers – Come True Tonight (Dub)
3. 00:09 Santigold – Unstoppable
01:11 Immuzikation – Synth
4. 01:26 The Bloody Beetroots – Rombo feat. Congorock
5. 01:27 Classixx – I’ll Get You
6. 01:42 Digitalism – Idealistic (A-Trak Remix)
7. 01:57 Duck Sauce – aNYway
8. 02:27 Villains – Rock It
9. 03:28 Passion Pit – The Reeling (Calvin Harris Remix)
10. 03:57 Dragonette – I Get Around (Midnight Juggernauts Remix)
11. 04:29 Kraak and Smaak – Bobby and Whitney
12. 05:02 Hot Chip – Over and Over
13. 05:37 DJ Mehdi – Tunisia Bambaata
05:52 Immuzikation – Synth
14. 06:08 DJ Mujava – Township Funk (Crazy P Remix)
15. 06:21 Mr. Oizo – Cut Dick
16. 06:23 The Juan Maclean – By the Time I Get to Venus
17. 06:38 Empire of the Sun – Walking on a Dream (Treasure Fingers Remix)
18. 06:53 Major Lazer – Pon De Floor feat. VYBZ Kartel
07:23 Immuzikation – Synth
19. 07:38 Knightlife – Discotirso
20. 07:38 M.I.A. – Boyz (The Twelves Remix)
21. 07:49 Titan – Bruxism Groove
22. 07:53 Grizzly Bear – Two Weeks (Fred Falke Remix)
23. 08:21 Bounce Camp – Good Beat
24. 08:23 MSTRKRFT – Easy Love
25. 08:23 Siriusmo – Gummiband
26. 08:53 K.I.M. – Party Machini
27. 10:14 Kraak and Smaak – Keep Me Home
28. 10:22 Alexander Robotnick – Obsession for the Disco Freaks
29. 10:29 Calvin Harris – I’m Not Alone
10:43 Immuzikation – Cuts
30. 10:58 Calvin Harris – Yeah Yeah Yeah La La La
31. 10:58 Treasure Fingers – Cross the Dancefloor (Chromeo Remix)
32. 11:14 Justice – D.A.N.C.E. (Rehearsal Version)
33. 11:50 MGMT – Electric Feel (Justice Remix)
34. 11:52 MGMT – Of Moons, Birds, and Monsters (Holy Ghost! Remix)
35. 12:06 Friendly Fires – Paris (Aeroplane Remix)
36. 12:59 Miike Snow – Animal
37. 13:13 Miike Snow – Animal (Treasure Fingers Remix)
38. 13:29 MGMT – Electric Feel
39. 13:58 MGMT – Electric Feel (Immuzikation Remix)
14:10 Immuzikation – Synth
Immuzikation – Ne Sucks Pas
Arg! Finally back. Chromeo released a new single last week Night By Night, meaning a new album! It’s been two years since their last album Fancy Footwork and this is the first original track since then. They did an Eagles cover in July, I Can’t Tell You Why. Nice to see their up to their old doings. I included a link where you can get the track, Green Label Sound? Didn’t know Chromeo got signed with Pepsi… or that Pepsi even had a “label”. Maybe it’s just deceiving advertising.
Chromeo – Night By Night
So I’ll be in Toronto once again next week. It shouldn’t be too busy though so post-wise it should be the same. Not really the newest tracks, but that’s never stopped me before and they’re great tracks anyways. First off is the Chromeo remix of Vampire Weekend‘s The Kids Don’t Stand A Chance which doesn’t even sound like it’s from this decade, sounds genuinely out of the 80’s. Really loving this track, you know me and retro, we have a history. Next is the Thin White Duke remix of Friendly Fires. Like his other stuff, it’s a well played out long track and has that lounge electro feel to it, a tad bit mellower than stuff we normally hear. And lastly, the Alex Metric remix of Bloc Party with that dirty Euro electro sound. Can’t get enough.
First track I’ve had laying around in the mess of music but strangely I’ve never posted, the Yuksek remix of Tommy Sparks. Haven’t posted anything from Yuksek for a while so I thought it was about time. Loving the track, a bit surprising because I always remembered Yuksek as more club and less underground electro sounding. Second song is Les Petits Pilous remix of Justice which sounds strangely familiar to Kylie’s In My Arms obviously produced by Calvin Harris. Really, they don’t sound anything alike, but I like to link stuff like that. And lastly, you may not have heard of him yet, the Death to the Throne remix of Chromeo‘s Fancy Footwork. It has a great beat rework for the track.